- 2g (1%) Jojoba oil Organic or Golden (or use 42g Almond oil instead) (thesoapery.co.uk)
- 8g* (3%) Essential oils (citrus blend), for this I used 3g Grapefruit E oil, 3g Sweet Orange E oil, 2g Lime E oil. (mysticmoments.co.uk)
*If using other non-citrus essential oils, such as Lavender, Lemongrass, Rosewood etc. reduce amount to 5g (2%) and increase Sweet Almond Oil to 43g.
1. Weigh out butters into mixing bowl and melt in microwave.
2. Add Almond oil and stir.
3. Place in freezer for a few minutes (or fridge for longer), checking regularly as to when the edges of the mixture start to go white (as it starts to set) but mixture is still primarily clear . Remove from freezer and use a spatula to stir mixture including scraping the slightly white edges.
4. Add essential oils and stir with spatula.
5. Whisk with electric mixer for about 10-15 seconds or so.
6. Place back in freezer/fridge for 5-10 minutes checking regularly for entire mixture to go white and thicken slightly (it will still be fairly liquid at this point).
7. Remove from freezer and whisk again for about 1 minute.
8. You should now have a whipped butter, if not place back in freezer/fridge for a few more minutes, checking it regularly until it's fairly white and a thick liquid.
9. Whisk again until you get to a whisked butter stage you are happy with.
10. Put into tins and enjoy!
That is it!!! Make it for your friends and family and they'll love you for it!
(Note: I am not affiliated with any company, it's just easier and cheaper to get your ingredients from as few outlets as possible)