Simple Multi-Purpose Cleaner Spray
Simple Multi-Purpose Cleaner Spray Recipe
Check out this cheap and easy recipe that can be made in just two minutes - your own natural cleaning spray to use around the house - in the kitchen and in your bathrooms!
- 1 x teaspoon Organic Liquid Castile soap -palm free (naissance.co.uk)
- 1 x teaspoon Borax (ebay.co.uk)
- ½ x teaspoon Dri Pak Soda crystals (ebay, amazon)
- 480ml x just boiled hot water
- 8-12 drops x essential oil (optional) - try Sweet orange essential oil which is good for cutting through grease - or you could use Lime or Tea tree with antibacterial properties (mysticmoments.co.uk)
- 1 x Saucepan
- 1 x Pyrex jug
- 1 x Teaspoon/tablespoon
- 1 x Funnel
- 1 x Trigger spray syrup bottles (1 x 500ml or 2 x 250ml) - or any plastic spray bottle
- Boil water in kettle.
- Pour water into a saucepan.
- Add the Borax and Soda crystals to the saucepan.
- Heat and let re-boil until the soda crystals, stirring with a tablespoon until the Borax is completely melted.
- Pour into a Pyrex jug and add Castile Soap. Stir again.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then add essential oils (optional).
- Pour into spray bottle(s). Use for counter surfaces, bathroom, etc.
- Shake before use.
*Borax, used in cleaning products and detergents to help clean and whiten clothes. It can also neutralise odours and help soften hard water. It also helps get rid of mould and mildew around the house.
**Keep out of reach of children, do not ingest any of these products.**
These ingredients can also be used to make laundry liquid, which is inexpensive and effective. I will show you how to make this on my next recipe post.
You can download a copy of this recipe here for ease of use.
While you're here you might be interested to read the definitive guide to aluminium free deodorants and why they are better for your health than normal anti-perspirants.